22.2.12 - 23.2.12 26 °C
My last blog for this holiday!
Poor old Tezza spent his last day sick as a dog from food poisoning on our last night in Rio. Thing was, I ate at the same place he did and I am fine so I think it was his stomache crying out to him - "stop, stop, I cant take any more food..."
So while he sat at the hostel for the day, I went out to Valparaiso, a port town 1.5 hours out of Santiago which was quite pretty, used to be a major port of Santiago until they built the Panama Canal, now it is more of an artists town with steep streets and funky graffiti everywhere.
I decided for this last entry to compile some holiday statistics so here goes:
· No. of bad weather days - 2
· No. of majestic views - too many to count
· Hardest trek - Toss up between the 8 hour trek in El Chalten to top of mountain (4 hours uphill) and the trek where I tore my calf muscle (for obvious reasons)
· No. of people randomly bumped into who we had previously met in another country or city - 5
· Funniest/best tour guide - All were fantastic, too many to pick just one so I have narrowed it down to 3 - Santiago walking tour guide, rock climbing guide and Whitewater rafting guide.
· No. of trips to the chemist for drugs - 5
· No. of lost items - 4
· No. of lost items retrieved - 2
· No. of insect bites - too many to count
· No. of beers Terry consumed -too many to count
· Best Icrecream ever - El Chalten
· Best Chocolate - Bariloche (of course)
· Best dinner - For me the steak in Bariloche, for Terry the traditional dinner in Rio.
· Best hostel breakfast - Rio
· No. of times lost each other - 4
· No. of arguments with each other - about 550
· Average duration of arguments - 1.5 minutes
· No. of friends reaquainted with after 23 years -1
· Worst thing about trip - For me, not being able to put toilet paper in the toilet (gross). For Terry - Not being able to be understood, even when he was trying to sign what he wanted!
· Best thing about trip - Too many to count!
So it is Adios for this travel blog. Hope you have enjoyed reading it as much as I have writing it.
Wish us luck for the return plane trip (esp Terry, if he throws up on me on the plane I will NOT be happy!!)